Followers

Sunday 2 December 2012

My first altered canvas


Hey guys today I wanted to share my first altered canvas I thought I would give it a go had a load of people that believed in me and inspired me to do this...
For all your work and for always keeping me on my toes basically teaching me new things all the time...
Thank you Miranda (Msliberty25) for all your wonderful comments amazing work and teaching me to try new things, Pea (Whimisical Endeavours) for being a great friend and your kind words, Tiffany (Mammatiffy) for taking me under her wing and always teaching me to believe in my work and Leanne (Luvlee scrappin) for your ongoing friendship for helping me teaching me and believing in me when I am in the dumps
Thank you to all my great friends I am truly unbelievably lucky to have you all!!!!!
Love you



For this canvas it is 8inch by 8 inches I have used Graphic45 Miss Curiousity shoppe I have dsitressed them all then tore and curled in back then I layered some other sheets from the collection underneath so you weren't seeing the canvas
I then layered the same sheet underneath the clock and curled both side back
On top I cut a burlap sack into a square
Layered the clock on top
                                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFPCJND4OD4



Over the top I layered a Tim Holtz clock die cut which has been embossed with a number of metallic looking embossing powders
I then layered a number of flowers from Kaisercraft in Terracota in Large and small blooms. To Handmade also added poking out some metal clock hands that was found on a clock on the side of the rock I destroyed it was plastic thats all but I love these
Added Butterflies and Bling
Then in top left used a corner from Charmaholic
Made the dream using charm, chain ,safety pins, material and glue
Both Key and key lock are both diecuts given to me from a friend believe they are a Tim Holtz die
In the left hand corner have used Tim Holtz Tattered floral die and Dienamics leafy flourish added a pennyfathering bike on top also from Charmaholic with a flower from I am roses
Lace is from Lace Mama on Ebay
Key and lock has been both covered with distress inks
Over the top of the key is flowers from I am roses, Kaisercraft Mini blooms in Sunset, Bow charm from Ebay, Bling from Prima and a number from Kaisercraft's Timeless Vintage alpha sticker sheet has been glossy accented

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFPCJND4OD4



3 comments:

  1. You are so kind Sara!!!!!!! You know i love this canvas! And can't wait to see your next one! Keep going girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, I am honored you included me but girl this was all you. You had it there the whole time.
    Yes, now what is next? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done a super beautiful job with your first cavas sweetie!!! Never doubt yourself!!! If this is your first canvas...oh boy are we in for a treat!!! I just know you will continue to grow and you'll have a blast trying new things!!! Thanks so much for the shout out hun. I'm so glad I could help inspire you...and you know I'm always here for you as a friend!!! Hugz Luv Lee =) <3

    ReplyDelete